In the market for a midrange phone that’s big on numbers? vivo has one with the new Y78+.
The new vivo Y78+ boasts an enormous 6.78-inch display. More than the size, it’s quite an appealing screen as it uses an FHD+ AMOLED panel with a tall 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 coverage, 1,300 nits of peak brightness, and curved edges for a premium feel. We also have the fingerprint scanner underneath the panel.
Like most phones, it offers a generous 5,000mAh battery that can be refueled by the impressive 44W charger.
On the back, we have noticeably large lenses. The main one houses a 50-megapixel main shooter, albeit the latter only has a 2-megapixel depth sensor. An 8-megapixel selfie camera sits on the front.
Similar to a lot of midrange phones we see these days, it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 processor. You can also get it with up to an impressive 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. Sadly, to maintain its thinness, it didn’t get to have a microSD card slot and a headphone jack.
Since it’s first coming out in China, it will ship with OriginOS 3.0 interface that’s based on the latest Android 13.
The new vivo Y78+ will be available in China starting April 26 for a price of CNY1,599 (~Php12,900) for the 8GB/128GB model, CNY1,799 (~Php14,500) for the 8GB/256GB, and CNY1,999 (~Php16,100) for the 12GB/256GB. No word yet if it’s also coming to the Philippines and other international markets.
vivo Y78+ Specs
- Android 13, OriginOS 3
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 388ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3, 105% NTSC, 1300 nits
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 octa-core processor
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, non-expandable
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, tri-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, A-GPS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 74.79 x 7.89mm
- Weight: 177g
- Colors: Blue, Gold, Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 44W fast charging
This article, vivo Y78 Plus: 6.78-inch 120Hz AMOLED, Snapdragon 695 CPU, 44W charging, was originally published at NoypiGeeks | Philippines Technology News, Reviews and How to’s.